Monday, April 28, 2014

Use Easter Egg Dye to Color Clothespins {Clutter-Free Classroom's Clever Tips for Teachers} Tip #3

I was at Target yesterday.

Truth be told, that is a statement I could make just about any day. But the point of this story is that while I was there I noticed that the Easter products were marked at 50% off.

And while your first instinct may be to fill your big red cart with the discounted candy, I wanted to share an idea that uses Easter Egg dye. I have decorated clothespins in many ways, but none quite as easy or cheap as using discounted egg dye. I suggest using glass dishes or bottles and letting them soak for a day or two to get a really nice rich color.

Clothespins are essential in my classroom. I use them to hang anchor charts. I've used them for clip chart behavior plans and also to hold papers together. 

WHAT DO YOU USE CLOTHESPINS FOR IN YOUR CLASSROOM?

Here's another thought: Hide the green egg dye until next year when you can make Green Eggs and Ham to celebrate Dr. Seuss or do as I did and dye the eggs in your kitchen green on St. Patrick's Day.

 



Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.


5 comments:

  1. the design looks so cute

    would you like to visit my blog http://sesuksore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use food color for dying eggs since i always have it on hand for baking . I never tried dying clothespins with it but it is worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super idea! I can sure use that. I use clothespins in my classroom for organizing test papers - an idea I found on one of the Internet good idea blog hop things. It was shown in a 2nd grade classroom, but works amazingly well in my 4th grade class.You write students numbers on each clothespin, arrange them in numerical number around a plastic basket. As each child finishes and turns in the test, writing paper, whatever, they use their numbered clothespin to attach to the top of the paper before it goes into the basket. I can see at a glance who hasn't finished, and the no name/no fame papers have the owners clothespin number clipped to it - instant identification! And I can vey easily put the papers in number order while I'm taking them out of the basket. Kid love to put the clothespins back onto the baskets. I use different colored pins to identify which papers go into which basket, but the dollar store cheap ones fall apart. Now I can very easily color the pins for super easy identification. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea! I can sure use that. I use clothespins in my classroom for organizing test papers - an idea I found on one of the Internet good idea blog hop things. It was shown in a 2nd grade classroom, but works amazingly well in my 4th grade class.You write students numbers on each clothespin, arrange them in numerical number around a plastic basket. As each child finishes and turns in the test, writing paper, whatever, they use their numbered clothespin to attach to the top of the paper before it goes into the basket. I can see at a glance who hasn't finished, and the no name/no fame papers have the owners clothespin number clipped to it - instant identification! And I can vey easily put the papers in number order while I'm taking them out of the basket. Kid love to put the clothespins back onto the baskets. I use different colored pins to identify which papers go into which basket, but the dollar store cheap ones fall apart. Now I can very easily color the pins for super easy identification. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I never thought about that!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...