Sunday, October 21, 2012

CREATIVE NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES for grades K-5

It seems crazy to me that we are about to turn the calendar to November. Where is the year going? I don't know about you, but my month in the classroom is crazy-choppy. Between Veteran's Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving, Field Trips, Professional Development and Conferences,  all of my weekly routines go out the window.

It's for that reason that I'm really craving the need to plan ahead and map out all of my projects and activities for the next few weeks. I thought this would be a good time to look at the projects I've done in the past in the month of November, plug them into my plan book and make some space for a few new things I've got up my sleeve for Math Workshop and Reader's Workshop. I love the creativity and colorful projects we work on at this time of year. 

TURKEY IN DISGUISE: WRITING, CRAFT & BULLETIN BOARD:


{click to access and download: Turkey in Disguise}

This is a project I've done each November with grades K-3. It is a favorite with families because it isn't hard to do and they have a lot of fun working together. The end result is an adorable bulletin board. You can read my original post about the Turkey in Disguise Project here.

FAVORITE THANKSGIVING FOOD: WRITING, MATH & CRAFT

I always like to preface my talk of my Favorite Thanksgiving Day Food writing project with a warning: Do not make these before lunch. It's crazy how yummy paper food can look when your tummy is growling. These projects culminate a great descriptive writing piece. Don't they look super cute with the plastic utensils hot glued onto them? This packet also includes a great math component with graphing.

HOW TO COOK A TURKEY: A COOKBOOK WRITING ACTIVITY



This is a project that I've done annually since my very first year of teaching. Since then I have created these "cookbooks" with Kindergarten friends all the way through 3rd grade. I finally made it into a packet last year with differentiated pages so you can use it with PreK through 5th.

PILGRIMS & WAMPANOAGS: SOCIAL STUDIES PORTFOLIO PROJECT  {LAPBOOK}
This will be my 3rd year making Pilgrim and Wampanoag portfolios with my third graders. We are fortunate that we live close enough to Plimouth Plantation and are able to take a field trip each year. 

GOBBLE: A FREE SIGHT WORD GAME

Gobble is a free sight word game that I created to help my own son learn some of his sight words when he was in first grade. You can download it for free from my store.

QUICK SHOPPING LINKS:








Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

1 comment:

  1. What a great collection of seasonal activities! I love how you have included activities across the curriculum! Thanks for sharing!

    Rachael :)
    The Classroom Game Nook

    ReplyDelete

You may also enjoy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...