Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Magnetic Board {INSPIRED}




I have a classroom wall that is really an accordian divider that can open into the next classroom.  Except it can’t. I don’t think it has ever been opened which is kind of a bummer because next year my teaching partner will be on the other side and I would love to be able to do some true team teaching.  But we can’t.  And so I must make the most of the wall that is not a wall. I have developed a system for getting a staple in but it isn’t easy.  This year I finally wised up and attached bed sheets to cover the entire wall.  My plan is to now hot glue everything directly onto the sheets.  I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how I could attach a magnetic board or a dry erase board to it so that I have some flexibility.  I thought a cookie sheet would be the best option, but then I stumbled upon this and it made me much happier.  
And that led me to these:

{photo source}






  • Cutesy scrapbook paper that can coordinate with my classroom color scheme - Duh!

  • It’s lightweight so it can easily be attached to the sheet with hot glue.

  • It’s circular...how fun is that?

  • Did somebody say Dollar Store?




ABOUT THIS SERIES:
I’ve been working hard to complete my classroom makeover for the 2012-2013 school year so that I may provide you with a summer full of tips and ideas for setting up your own classrooms. To kick off my second annual summer-long, daily series on setting up, organizing, and managing your classroom I am running a miniseries titled, “INSPIRED” and will feature a photo that brought inspiration to my very own classroom makeover. 
Be sure to check out my Clutter-Free Guide to Organizing and Managing Your Classroom as well as my Classroom Themes Page for tons of tips and ideas. 





Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Will the sheet be flush against the accordian wall? If it is semi-loose, you could also safety pin stuff to the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a PIZZA PAN with cute fabric on it??? I LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my VERY long list of things to do this summer! I just made my own dry-erase boards today, which turned out really cute! Thanks for all of the great ideas. Can't wait for the big reveal!

    Cardigans, Coffee, & One Cute Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric covered pans. How did you make those cute fabric magnets?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using fabric on the walls, but in our county, the fire marshal had a problem with it and I had to take it all down.....I hope things work out better for you! It's always a bummer when you think you have a creative solution to a problem only to find out its not allowed. I love your blog and can't wait to see your reveal! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete