Sunday, March 11, 2012

Get Inspired ~ Math Centers

Since this week's Clutter-Free Classroom Project Challenge has you organizing your math materials, I wanted to inspire you with some math center eye candy. The following was originally posted as part of last summer's Setting Up Your Classroom Series.

Enjoy!



This post is part of my Setting Up Your Classroom Series.

I've been working on putting together some visuals on how my math materials are sent up and how I run math workshop to include with this post on storing math materials, but have come to realize it really is a post all it's own. So I'm going to post these great ideas for you now and will come back with the details from my own classroom and additional tips and ideas soon.



Mrs. Bond has won me over with her symmetrical math storage.

This homeschooling mom stores her sensory and math materials in clear jars. I think this is a great idea because it's organized, easy to see and jars are free and recycled. However, I would be hesitant to use them in the classroom if they are glass. Just a head's up.

Can you tell I heart Mrs. Rojas? This is a project she recently created and blogged about. And if you look carefully up on top you'll spot that adorable pen holder that I mentioned yesterday.



Mrs. Freshwater uses drawers to sort/store her math materials.

Kristen's math games are a must see. The two links under her picture are chock full of info.






F
or more ideas and pictures to help organize and manage your classroom, please check out my book: The Clutter-Free Guide to Classroom Organization and Management by clicking here.
how to set up a classroom classroom design class set up tool classroom set up tool set-up setting up an elememath centers math manipulative storing math manipulatives math manipulative storage storing math materials math material storage organized math center organizing a math center organizing math materials classroom

Be sure to follow my blog and store  and Facebook Page for notification of the FreebiesClick here to access a collection of Teacher Tips or tour my Classroom Makeover here.

No comments:

Post a Comment